Information Regarding Access to Residence Halls after the Thomas Fire
Overview and Updates
- Maintenance workers are now replacing vents and cleaning common areas to make the residence halls healthy and ready for students in time to start spring semester classes on January 8.
- All residence halls are closed and student access cards have been deactivated. Residence halls will remain closed until they’ve been cleaned and determined to be safe for return.
- Students should not anticipate returning to or staying on campus until January 6.
- We realize that many students are eager to come back to campus to retrieve items. Students with urgent needs (passports, student ID, health-related items, etc.) or those with special circumstances should email email@example.com. A Residence Life staff member will assist you.
- Residence life staff will contact students with special circumstances (e.g., vacating or changing rooms) about making arrangements to meet your needs.
Restoring Campus for Occupancy
- Fire restoration specialists and maintenance staff are doing the initial clean-up of campus, including changing air filters, removing ash from outdoor areas, and cleaning common areas.
- Selected residence hall staff will remove Christmas decorations, clean up lounges and hallways, and, if necessary, remove perishable food that has started to spoil in student rooms.
- Assess condition of drapes and replace as needed.
December 31-January 1
Campus is Closed
Campus is open for students to return who are moving out of their room for spring 2018. Due to limited staffing, these students will not be able to stay in the residence hall. They will need to collect their items and leave.
Campus is open for students to return who are moving to a new room on campus. They will be able to stay in the residence halls.
January 6, 12 noon
Residence halls open for all students to return.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org