ECONOMICS & BUSINESS RESOURCE GUIDE
This Resource Guide has information for Economics & Business Majors on available scholarships, competitions, conferences, internships, post-graduate study, international study and more.
Below are two highlighted opportunities.
ZAGREB SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
AMERICAN ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is a public policy think tank dedicated to issues of government, politics, economics and social welfare. They have numerous summer programs and internships.
The American Enterprise Institute’s 2018 Summer Honors Program connects student leaders with the ideas, research and community of AEI, one of America’s preeminent think-tanks. The program is a series of one week, fully-funded educational and professional development sessions that provide students with a unique opportunity to jumpstart their careers alongside a network of peers from around the country. The sessions are focused on seminars led by scholars or policy practitioners, including renowned economists and foreign policy experts. Sessions also include policy briefings, high-level networking opportunities, and site visits in Washington.
Eligibility: Current undergraduates and recent graduates
(winter 2017 or later)
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: Students participate in a single one-week course,
but are eligible to apply for each of the six courses offered this year.
Stipend: Housing, meals on class days, travel, and $250 for expenses during the week
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to be considered for your top choice.
Early Decision Deadline: December 31, 2017
Regular Decision Deadline: March 5, 2018
- June 4-8: Dr. Anne Rathbone Bradley on Capitalism and Christianity: Do Markets Allow Us To Love Our Neighbor?
- June 4-8: Dr. Michael Strain on Democratic Capitalism: Principles & Practices
- June 4-8: Dr. Charles Murray on Staying Calm in Unsafe Spaces
- June 4-8: Dr. Stephen Smith on International Economic Development: Why Institutions Matter
- June 11-15: Dr. Thomas Donnelly on Empire for Liberty: Strategy-making in America
- June 11-15: Michael McShane on K-12 Education: The Foundation of American Democracy, Society, and Economy
- June 11-15: Dr. Michael Rubin on Understanding the Middle East Challenge
- June 18-22: Dr. Frederick Kagan on War and Decision-Making
- June 18-22: John Inazu on Confident Pluralism: Surviving and Thriving Through Deep Difference
- June 18-22: Dr. William Inboden on The Christian Faith and American Foreign Policy
- June 18-22: Professor John Yoo on The Constitution: Original Meanings and Modern Times
Past guest speakers have included:
Arthur Brooks, President of the American Enterprise Institute
Joel Kaplan, Vice President of Global Public Policy, Facebook
Megan McArdle, Columnist at Bloomberg View and former senior editor at The Atlantic
Danielle Pletka, Senior Vice President, Foreign and Defense Policy Studies at the American Enterprise Institute
Paul Wolfowitz, Visiting Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and former World Bank President and Deputy Secretary of Defense
Sally Satel, Resident Scholar, healthcare policy, at the American Enterprise Institute