In honor of the upcoming Earth Day celebration, the Westmont Garden & Sustainability Club is excited to host Westmont Sustainability Week throughout April 18th – 22nd! Next week will be full of awesome events to raise awareness about sustainability, food, farming, and recycling – as well exploring the connections between environmental stewardship and Christianity.
See below for the full Earth Week schedule + event details!
MONDAY, APRIL 18th
- Pie making class @ 5pm in Armington – Learn to make your own delicious pies from scratch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP – space is limited!
TUESDAY, APRIL 19th
- Westmont Garden Tasting Table @ lunch in the DC – Stop by the Garden Club’s table in the front of the DC for a tasting of freshly harvested snacks like sugar snap peas, carrots, and edible flowers!
- Worship Night in the Garden @ 5pm in the Track Garden – Join us in the Track Garden for a fun night of music, homemade pie, chai tea, and discussions about the intersection between faith and environmental stewardship. Guest speaker is Professor Amanda Sparkman!
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20th
- Pot Your Own Garden @ lunch outside the DC – One of the most popular events during Sustainability Week! Learn to pot your own mini garden with herbs and flowers with the help of Westmont Garden & Sustainability Club members.
THURSDAY, APRIL 21st
- Free Clothing Swap @ lunch outside the DC – All this week and next, donate your unwanted clothes and perhaps find something “new” during Thursday’s clothing swap! Put your clothes donations in the blue bin located at the front carpeted area of the DC (underneath the photographs), labeled “Clothes Donations for Sustainability Week”.
- “The Greenhorns” Film Screening: 6:30pm in Adams 216 – A special viewing of “The Greenhorns” – a documentary film that explores the lives of America’s young farmer community. The film lasts 50 minutes and will be followed by an engaging, informal discussion. Here is a link to the documentary trailer.
FRIDAY, APRIL 22nd
- Workday in the Track Garden @ 3-5pm – Join the Garden Club for our weekly work session in the garden! A great opportunity to check out what’s growing in the gardens if you’ve yet to visit.