Masked Singers Offer ‘Choral Celebration’

Daniel Gee is the new conductor of the Westmont College Choir

Members of the Westmont College Choir and Choral Union, wearing masks and singing outside, offer a Fall Choral Celebration on Friday, Oct. 30, at 7 p.m. at westmont.edu/virtual-concert-series.

The choir, directed by Daniel Gee, will perform “This is my Father’s World” by Elaine Hagenberg, “My Soul There is a Country” by Hubert Parry, “Love Bade Me Welcome” by David Hurd, and “Rock-A My Soul” by Stacey Gibbs.

Westmont College Choral Celebration

Bass Justin Sharp

“As part of our many adjustments for this unique semester, the 47 members of the College Choir have split into three separate groups, requiring a greater level of independence in practice and musicianship,” Gee says. “I’m proud that our singers have risen admirably to the challenge, and we’ve had some wonderful moments of making music together safely and to the glory of God. I hope our recorded performances testify to their resilience and commitment.”

The Westmont Choral Union, directed by Matthew Roy and Karen Janzen, will perform “All That I Am” by William Grant Still, “Colcannon,” by Stephen Hatfield, and “God with Me” by Stephen Paulus.

The Westmont Jazz Ensemble, directed by Eben Drost, performs on Friday, Nov. 6, at 7 p.m.