About Potter’s Clay

Begun in 1977, Potter’s Clay (PC) is one of Westmont’s longest-running traditions, and certainly its oldest, continuously-running ministry. Each year, the PC core team actively partners with the Mexican core team — located in Ensenada, Mexico — to plan a year of mutually beneficial ministry and service.

The Purpose of Potter’s Clay is to establish and maintain relationships among Westmont students and the residents of Ensenada by providing opportunities for service and fellowship. Through these relationships, a unity in the body of Christ is forged, becoming a vessel to further the expansion of the Kingdom of God with gratitude giving ourselves just as He has given Himself. We are bound to boundless love.

Throughout the course of the year, the PC core team seeks to bless the community of Ensenada in various ways. During the fall semester, students assist the Mexican core team,made up of Pastor Ruben Castenada and others, in planning Juntos. Juntos is a weekend trip serving as a preview for the Potter’s Clay spring break trip. On Juntos, students will have the opportunity to work on either a medical, construction, sports, or VBS team for an intensive day of service to the people in Ensenada. This trip is not only a wonderful chance to serve alongside peers, but it is also a great opportunity to begin forming relationships with those in Ensenada.

All of the knowledge and experience accumulated during Juntos aid in synchronizing the planning and facilitation of the week-long service trip over spring break. During that week, hundreds of students camp out beneath the stars at night and work enthusiastically during the day on student-led teams across Ensenada. Whether it be construction, haircutting, kitchen, medical/dental, sports, praise and worship, or VBS, there is ample opportunity for ALL to be actively involved!

To ensure safety and efficiency, construction sites are overseen by professional contractors who volunteer their time; while the medical/dental clinics are staffed by professional clinicians who guide student teams in providing medical care and attention to the people of Ensenada. Additionally, Westmont faculty and staff members are extended the opportunity to participate in Potter’s Clay, and many gladly take advantage of the opportunity to connect with both students and our Mexican neighbors.

This 2011-2012 year, the PC core team is made up of thirteen students who are working diligently and passionately to reflect the love and glory of God within the ministry of Potter’s Clay, to the Westmont community, and to the people of Ensenada.

Our vision this year is to love and serve well as we steward Westmont’s relationship with the people of Ensenada. In pursuit of the ultimate goal – bringing glory to God through this endeavor – we seek to:

• Participate in the work of the Kingdom in response to the Great Commission
  • Prayerfully follow the Holy Spirit’s lead as we lead others
  • Live lives of integrity as we steward our time and resources
  • Care holistically for our brothers and sisters in Christ both at Westmont and in Ensenada
  • Pursue unity with each other and those we serve alongside
  • Honor our history as we develop new traditions and relationships at home and abroad

16 Responses to About Potter’s Clay

1. Sophia Weight says:

Greetings,
    I was wondering if it were possible for a non-Westmont student to participate in Potter’s Clay? I am a senior at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, but have several friends at Westmont. Any reply with information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Sophia

2. Hi all, here every person is sharing these kinds of know-how, so it’s nice to read this website, and I used
    to go to see this webpage all the time.

3. I think this is one of the most vital information for
    me. And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general
    things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D.
    Good job, cheers

4. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely helpful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such
    info a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

5. Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

Check out my web-site: giant boulder of death

6. IMVU Hack, says:

Useful information. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and
    I am shocked why this coincidence did not happened earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

Here is my page :: IMVU Hack,

7. Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work
    due to no data backup. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?

8. Katrice says:

Finally i quit my regular job, now i earn decent money
    online you should try too, just type in google – blackhand roulette
    system

9. lost data says:

Article writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with after that you can write or else it is complex to write.

10. sports says:

Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.
    I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this information together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

11. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for
    your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

12. Thanks , I have recently been looking for information about this subject for ages and
    yours is the best I’ve found out till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you
    positive about the supply?

13. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and all. Nevertheless think of if you
    added some great graphics or video clips to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this site could definitely be one of the best in its niche.
    Good blog!

14. phyto sc says:

Do you have any video of that? I’d care to find out some additional
    information.

15. Roxane Sakry says:

I relish, cause I discovered just what I was looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye