From the Inside Out . . .

When people ask me to describe my writing style, I say I write from the inside out. What does that mean, they ask? I usually reply, “I write from the viewpoint and experience of a ‘Life Style Consumer’. For the purposes of this newspaper, Montecito is my world. I live, eat, shop, market, exercise, and raise my children here, and I participate in its cultural offerings and support its numerous non-profits. That’s the short list. My friends, of whom I am blessed to have so many, are those I have made in the last 23 years on AYSO fields, as a room mother, at MUS Carnivals, working with real estate brokers, and attending PTA meetings, summer camps at Westmont College, Volleyball games at Santa Barbara High, and The Village Fourth. Not to forget: Knollwood Tennis Club, art galleries, golf, soccer fields, religious ceremonies, breakfast lunch or dinner at EVERY local restaurant, deli and coffee shop, handing out candy on Ghost Village Road, and of course shopping in our beautiful clothing boutiques, jewelry stores and specialty stores. more